But today I came across this client called Bilbo (now been renamed as Blogilo). It did blow me out of the world. It was better than Live Writer.
- A full featured WYSIWYG editor + An HTML editor
- Previewing your post with your blog style! like when you are visiting it at your blog.
- Support for Blogger1.0, MetaWeblog, MovableType (Wordpress supports All of these!) and Google GData (used on Blogspot.com blogs) APIs!
- Support for Creating/Modifying/Deleting posts.
- Support for creating drafts and scheduled posts!
- Support for uploading media files to your blog (Just on supported APIs e.g. MetaWeblog and MovableType)
- Support for Fetching your recent blog entries.
- Support for adding Images to post from your system. It will upload them on Submitting post to blog (Just on supported APIs e.g. MetaWeblog and MovableType)
- Support for saving local entries before publishing.
- Saving your writing copy to prevent data loss, at configurable intervals.
- Internal auto spell checker. (KDE spell checker used so most of languages are supported)
Installation is easy as you can find it in the repositories. You can download from the Ubuntu Software Center by searching for 'Bilbo' or you can also run the following command in your terminal
sudo apt-get install bilbo
Now, my search for a blogging client has ended.